The 2022 Saxons 5 Mile Race
11am Sunday 16th October
The Saxons 5 Mile Race is held at:
Saxmundham Running & Fitness,
The race is open to all runners aged 15 and over and is a multi terrain race on field, footpaths and road. There will be winner’s prizes and a race memento for every finisher.
Junior Race, 9.45am
The Junior Fun Run has been in action since 2015 and takes place around the field at Carlton Park before the main race begins. It’s just £2 to enter the Junior Fun Run and you can only enter on the day.
How to Enter the 2022 Saxon’s 5 Mile Race
We are only accepting online entries for the race, there are 250 places available. You can enter on the RunBritain website using the link below:
- Affiliated Athletes: £12
- Non-Affiliated Athletes: £14
- Entering the race will be considered acceptance that you are fit and healthy to complete the race and you do so entirely at your own risk.
- The Saxons will in no way be liable for any injury, loss, illness, damage or accident howsoever occasioned resulting from the event.
- Once you have registered it will not be possible to transfer your place to anyone else.
- Entries are non-refundable.
- 2022 Run Britain Race Licence No: 2022-43072
On the Day
- Changing facilities, toilets and refreshments will be available at the start and finish; there’s always great cake on sale at very reasonable prices!
- Baggage storage available
- Free parking is available at the Carlton Park sports ground
- Race numbers will be given out on the day so please ensure you arrive in good time to collect your number
- The race starts on the sports field of Carlton Park
- The race is well marshalled and should you need assistance during the race please go to your nearest marshall point and they will radio for help if necessary
- All earphones are prohibited
- Dogs on leads are allowed at Carlton Park with spectators but not allowed on the race itself
- Medical cover will be provided on the day.
- Chip timing by ChiptimingUK
Awards and Prizes
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Males and Females
- 1st placed M40 / M50 /M60 / M70
- 1st placed F40 / F50 / F60 / F70
- Men’s Team Award ~ 1st 3 Men to score
- Ladies Team Award ~ 1st 3 Ladies to score
Please note only one individual prize per competitor, which will be the highest ranked award
Thank you to the following sponsors of this year’s race. If you would like to support our club and be a race sponsor we’d love to hear from you, please email: email@example.com
- East of England Co-op
- SDC Trailers
- Goldstar Transport
- Herrco Cosmetics
- Christies Care
- Angel Podiatry
- O&C Butcher Clothing, Aldeburgh
Putting on any race event requires support from many volunteers helping with everything from assisting with registrations, running water stations, marshalling or making teas and coffees. Whilst we encourage all our members to help with the organisation and safe running of this event we’d love help from non-members too. If you are able to spare a few hours on 16 October and would like to support us please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.