The 2019 Saxons 5 Mile Race
A huge thank you to everyone who took part in the Saxon’s 5 Mile and Junior Races and to all those who helped make it a successful event.
Or access the results online here: http://onyourmarksevents.org/results-2019-saxon-5.html
Also congratulations to our winning teams who were:
- Team Prize First 3 Men – Framlingham Flyers: Adam Howlett, Lee Barber, Jim Last
- Team Prize First 3 Women – Felixstowe Road Runners: Holly Taylor, Sarah Fitch, Collette Green
Photos from the event were taken by Nick Boulter and can be found on the Saxons Facebook Page >
PLEASE NOTE: This race is now full, we do not operate a waiting list and we won’t be taking any entries on the day.
The 2019 Saxons 5 Mile Race will be held at 11am on Sunday 13th October 2019 at:
Saxmundham Running & Fitness,
The race is open to all runners aged 15 and over and is a multi terrain race on field, footpaths and road. There will be winner’s prizes and a race memento for every finisher.
This year the race is part of the Suffolk Grand Prix Series for those club runners wishing to take part.
The race will use Chip Timing (by On Your Marks Events Ltd) which has kindly been sponsored by EDF Energy.
The Junior Fun Run has been in action since 2015 and takes place around the field at Carlton Park before the main race begins. It’s just £2 to enter the Junior Fun Run and you can only enter on the day, registration closes at 9.45am.
Junior Fun Run – 10am start (Registration 9am – 9.45am)
- Aged 8 and under – 1km
- Aged 9-14 – 2km
How to Enter the 2019 Saxon’s 5 Mile Race
We are only accepting online entries for the race, use the link below to enter. Last year the race was full before the day but if there are any places remaining on the day we will be offering those on a first come first served basis at the Club House on the day.
- Affiliated Athletes: £12
- Non-Affiliated Athletes: £14
- Entering the race will be considered acceptance that you are fit and healthy to complete the race and you do so entirely at your own risk.
- The Saxons will in no way be liable for any injury, loss, illness, damage or accident howsoever occasioned resulting from the event.
- Once you have registered it will not be possible to transfer your place to anyone else.
- Entries are non-refundable.
- Run Britain Race Licence No: 2019-37321
On the Day
- Changing facilities, toilets and refreshments will be available at the start and finish; there’s always great cake on sale at very reasonable prices!
- Baggage storage available
- Free parking is available at the Carlton Park sports ground
- Race numbers will be given out on the day so please ensure you arrive in good time to collect your number
- The race starts on the sports field of Carlton Park
- The race is well marshalled and should you need assistance during the race please go to your nearest marshall point and they will radio for help if necessary
- All earphones are prohibited
- Dogs on leads are allowed at Carlton Park with spectators but not allowed on the race itself
- Medical cover by Suffolk Medical Services.
- Chip timing by On your Marks events ltd.
Awards and Prizes
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Males and Females
- 1st placed M40 / M50 /M60 / M70
- 1st placed F40 / F50 / F60 / F70
- Men’s Team Award ~ 1st 3 Men to score
- Ladies Team Award ~ 1st 3 Ladies to score
Please note only one individual prize per competitor, which will be the highest ranked award
Many thanks to this year’s race sponsors:
Putting on any race event requires support from many volunteers helping with everything from assisting with registrations, running water stations, marshalling or making teas and coffees. Whilst we encourage all our members to help with the organisation and safe running of this event we’d love help from non-members too. If you are able to spare a few hours on 13 October and would like to support us please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
Here are some of our marshalls at the 2018 5 Mile Race:
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2018 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2017 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2016 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2015 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2014 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2013 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2012 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2011 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2010 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2009 (PDF)
- Saxons 5 Mile Race Results – 2008 (PDF)