The 2018 Saxon’s 5 Mile Race
This year will be the 10th Saxon’s 5 Mile Race!
It will be held at 11am on Sunday 14th October 2018 at Carlton Park, Saxmundham, IP17 1AT.
The race is open to all runners aged 15 and over and is a multi terrain race on field, footpaths and road. There will be winner’s prizes and a race memento for every finisher.
The Junior Fun Run has been in action since 2015 and takes place around the field at Carlton Park before the main race begins. It’s just £2 to enter the Junior Fun Run and you can only enter on the day, registration closes at 9.45am.
Junior Fun Run – 10am start (Registration 9am – 9.45am)
- Aged 8 and under – 1km
- Aged 9-14 – 2km
How to Enter the 2018 Saxon’s 5 Mile Race
You will be able to enter the race online closer to the date.
- Affiliated Athletes: £12
- Non-Affiliated Athletes: £14
- You can also register on the day, subject to availability, but there will be an additional fee of £2. Please note that registration on the day will close at 10:40am
- A postal application form will also be available closer to the time
Entering the race will be considered acceptance that you are fit and healthy to complete the race and you do so entirely at your own risk. The Saxons will in no way be liable for any injury, loss, illness, damage or accident howsoever occasioned resulting from the event.
Putting on any race event requires support from many volunteers helping with everything from assisting with registrations, running water stations, marshalling or making teas and coffees. Whilst we encourage all our members to help with the organisation and safe running of this event we need help from non-members too. If you are able to spare a few hours on 14 October and would like to support us please email email@example.com with your contact details.
On the Day
- Changing facilities, toilets and refreshments will be available at the start and finish; there’s always great cake on sale at very reasonable prices!
- Baggage storage available
- Free parking is available at the Carlton Park sports ground
- Race numbers will be given out on the day so please ensure you arrive in good time to collect your number
- The race starts on the sports field of Carlton Park
- First Aid will be provided on the day by Essex Medics
- The race is well marshalled and should you need assistance during the race please go to your nearest marshall point and they will radio for help if necessary
- All earphones are prohibited.
Awards and Prizes
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Males and Females
- 1st placed M40 / M50 /M60 / M70
- 1st placed F40 / F50 / F60 / F70
Please note only one individual prize per competitor, which will be the highest ranked award
New for 2018:
- Men’s Team Award ~ 1st 3 Men to score
- Ladies Team Award ~ 1st 3 Ladies to score