Club Nights – Limited Training Sessions
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we can currently only offer limited training sessions.
- Outdoor training sessions in a Covid secure environment to recommence from Tuesday, 6th April 2021 following latest government and England athletics guidance (updated 24th Feb 2021) england-athletics-prod-assets-bucket.s3.amazonaws.com/2021/02/Athletics-and-Running-Roadmap-v5.pdf
- Running training will take place every Tuesday evening (6.45pm – to 7.45 pm)
- A cross training session (weather permitting) will take place every Thursday evening (6.45pm to 7.45pm). Participants must bring their own exercise mat. In the event of adverse weather conditions the Tuesday running session will be repeated.
- Coaches will be Gordon, Chris, James, Ann and Jo.
- Invitations to sessions will be sent out via the Spond App or linked e-mail. Members wishing to attend must confirm their booking beforehand. The number of places may have to be limited to ensure correct coach/athlete ratios or considerations regarding maintaining a Covid secure environment.
Key steps that will be taken to ensure that we operate within a COVID Secure Environment to enable club activity to take place safely..
- Covid-19 Coordinator – Chris Lucas
- The Covid action plan and risk assessment will be updated and circulated for the information of all members in the first week of April.
- Activities will comply with government guidance around social distancing before, during and after the activity. Signage and tape will be put up to prevent members of the public entering the training area.
- A register of all members/participants who take part in every club session will be maintained to facilitate possible track and trace requests **This will be via the Spond App
- Adequate hygiene provisions will be in place so that everyone at the sessions maintains good hygiene.
Checklist for returning to training
- Check and follow the latest Government Guidance.
- Check with your club, coach or leader on their policy for club, coach, or leader activity
- Follow the venue guidance.
- Follow event specific guidance
- Follow public health guidance.
- Carry hand sanitiser with you
- Maintain social distancing (appropriate to the activity)
- Take part if fit and healthy to do so
- Let your club, coach or leader know if you are returning to activity from a COVID-19 infection
- Ensure you have enough food and hydration for the session.
- No socialising before and after the session
- Do not take part if showing symptoms or are isolating.